No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this Contest. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. This Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States of America; Contest Entrants must be 18 years old or older by June 1, 2012, in order to participate. Void where prohibited by law.
Our Torrance Photos:
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
- The “Our Torrance Photos” (the “Contest”) commences on June 1, 2012 at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time (“P.D.T.”) and concludes on June 30, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. P.S.T. (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is sponsored by Leadership Torrance 2012 (the “Sponsors”).
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen years of age at the time of entry, who have photograph taking and sharing capabilities as of June 1, 2012. The Contest is not open to the following persons: (a) employees, agents, or representatives of the Sponsors, the subsidiaries of the Sponsors, suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest, including promotional agencies and marketing organizations, including the Contest Administrator, (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”), (b) immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and (c) any other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
How To Enter
- Between June 1, 2012 and June 30, 2012, visit the official Contest collection web site www.OurTorrancePhotos.com, fully complete the official Contest entry form, successfully upload your photo, and submit a photo story and you will automatically be entered into the Contest for the Contest Period in which the entry was submitted.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest.
- Contest photo entries and photo stories must contain City of Torrance related content.
- Each Contest photo entry must not have a file size larger than ten megabytes (MB).
- Each Contest photo entry and photo story must be the original creation of each Contest Entrant and must not contain any pre-existing, third party content. Third party content includes and is not limited to trademarks, patents, brands, logos, images, visual effects and/or images that are not the property of the Contest Entrant. Each entry must be unique and not infringe the rights of any third party. Each Contest Entrant declares that they have or will obtain Model Waivers for any third party individuals or other elements in the submitted photo prior to submission. Sponsors their Successors and/or Assigns shall not be held liable for any photo or story used that violates any copyright or privacy due to the Contest Entrant’s failure to obtain the correct waivers. Model Waivers are available for download from the Contest website: www.OurTorrancePhotos.com.
- Photo entries and photo stories that include offensive content, commercial content that promotes anything other than the City of Torrance or products or services offered by the Sponsors or have been published prior to or during the Contest Period will be disqualified at any point during the Contest Period at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove and/or report any inappropriate images, photos, or stories for any reason.
- Contest photo entries and photo stories must not contain content depicting inappropriate, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; that promotes racism or hatred against any group or individual or that promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the state or province where the photo was captured, produced or edited, as well as the laws and regulations of the United States.
Entry Selection and Judging
- All entries will be divided by the date the photo was taken into four periods of times corresponding to centennial quarters.
- All entries will be further divided into three categories. Those categories are:
- i. People of Torrance
- ii. Landmarks in Torrance
- iii. Business/Industry in Torrance
- Judges will evaluate all eligible photo entries and photo stories for each Contest time period based on the following scoring system (the “Judging Score”):
- i. Technical Quality (25%)
- ii. Aesthetic Composition (25%)
- iii. Creative Vision (25%)
- iv. Torrance Spirit (25%)
- The photo entry and photo story from each Contest time period and subsequent category which receives the greatest cumulative Judging Score will be deemed to be the winner of the Prize available for that time period and category.
- The following prizes (the “Prize” or “Prizes”) are available to be won in this Contest:
- i. Merchant gift cards
- ii. Merchant donations
- iii. Cash or equivalent prize
- The number and value of prizes will depend on the number and value of prizes that are donated to the Sponsors. Actual retail values will vary depending on dates selected and Prizes are subject to blackout dates and availability.
- If a potential Prize winner cannot redeem a Prize for any reason, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the “Judging” section of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations.
- The Sponsors do not assume responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events after ticketing or scheduling a Prize for any reason whatsoever.
- The Prizes in this Contest must be accepted as described in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and cannot be transferred, assigned, changed, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part, for cash, subject to the provisions set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations.
- All Prizes must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.
- Limit of one Prize awarded per person in this Contest.
Odds Of Winning
- The odds of winning a Prize in this Contest depend on the number and quality of photo entries and photo stories received during each Contest Period.
- To be eligible to be declared a winner of a prize, an eligible Contest Entrant must be a resident of the fifty United States, and the District of Columbia, who is at least eighteen years of age at the time of entry.
- By entering the Contest, each Contest Entrant grants the City of Torrance a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the photo entries and photo stories, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, and any other City of Torrance purposes. The City of Torrance may alter images of the photo entry as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes. The Contest Entrant grants the City of Torrance the right to publicly display the photo entry as well as to reproduce on City of Torrance items, including, but not limited to, print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, newsletters, magazines, books, television programs, and the City of Torrance website. The City of Torrance may use the photo entry and photo story on City of Torrance merchandise and commercial items which may be sold for fundraising purposes. The City of Torrance will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. Further, each Contest Entrant gives the City of Torrance the right to transfer the photo entries and the photo stories to the Torrance Historical Society. Each Contest Entrant grants the Torrance Historical Society a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the photo entries and photo stories, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, and any other Torrance Historical Society purposes. The Torrance Historical Society may alter images of the photo entry as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes. The Contest Entrant grants the Torrance Historical Society the right to publicly display the photo entry as well as to reproduce on Torrance Historical Society items, including, but not limited to, print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, newsletters, magazines, books, television programs, and the Torrance Historical Society website. The Torrance Historical Society may use the photo entry and photo story on Torrance Historical Society merchandise and commercial items which may be sold for fundraising purposes. The City of Torrance will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. .
- By entering the Contest, each Contest Entrant agrees to release the Sponsors, the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce, the Torrance Historical Society, and the City of Torrance, the City Council, each member thereof, present and future, members of boards and commissions, its officers, agents, officials, employees, and volunteers from and against all liability, including defense costs and legal fees, and claims for damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, those for copyright or patent infringement claims or causes of action, arising out of these Rules and Regulations, and claims arising from each Contest Entrant’s participation in the Our Torrance Photos: A Family Album Contest. Each Contest Entrant agrees to defend (with counsel satisfactory to the City of Torrance), indemnify and hold the City of Torrance harmless and free from all liability, whether caused by passive negligence or otherwise, arising out of each Contest Entrant’s participation or association with the Our Torrance Photos: A Family Album Contest. Each Contest Entrant agrees to pay all costs incident to any claim, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. I agree that the above information is correct. I further agree that this Hold Harmless Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California.
- By participating in this Contest, Contest Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Sponsors and Contest Administrator, which are final.
- All entries become the property of and will be verified by the Contest Sponsors, Judges and Administrator.
- All federal, state, provincial, local and other tax liabilities, including, but not limited to, sales and use taxes, excise taxes, income and withholding taxes, customs duties, fees and like amounts in connection with a Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners.
- Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. In case of unavailability of any Prize or for any other reason the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Each winner will be notified by the Contest Administrator and will receive their prize from the Sponsor. No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners.
- By submitting an entry, Contest Entrants consent to the use of their photo entry, photo story, and personal information, including name, photograph and/or Contest photo entry, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or its agents or representatives.
- In the event that the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, including any errors in programming, printing, distribution or production errors or any other errors or other causes of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors and/or their agencies which corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way at the Sponsors’ sole discretion, without advance notice.
- No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, for any disruption to telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of any entry to be received because of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, postage-due, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible entries, as well as any printing, administrative or other error of any kind in connection with this Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability resulting from user attempts to participate in this Contest or, if required, download any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
- The Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person suspected of tampering with the entry process or otherwise violating these rules. Sponsors further reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this promotion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this promotion.
- By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing your personal information as described in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure by the Sponsors and their representatives, promotional agencies and marketing organization of your personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest, including without limitation contacting Contest Entrants in respect of the Contest and disclosing the list of winners. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose, nor will it otherwise be disclosed to third parties, unless otherwise required by law.
- This Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules and Regulations shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the federal laws of the United States of America, applicable therein. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in the State of California in the County of Los Angeles.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is intended for viewing only in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not a resident of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia.
WINNERS LIST: For the complete winners list (available after July 31, 2012), mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to OUR TORRANCE PHOTOS: A FAMILY ALBUM WINNERS LIST REQUEST, XXXXX. Any requests for a winners list must be received by the Sponsor by September 1, 2012.